But the greatest of these is LOVE

Grammar stops at love, and at art. ~Valentine Sterling

Monday, March 1, 2010

God offers to every mind its choice between truth and repose. Take which you please - you can never have both. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson


 LIFESONG

Flange my wings, crepe my cape
Before I fly, but soar I will.
The deaf, blind to song,
 Still feel my bearing; askew,
 Out-takes galore until
I get it right. Silk is not
Soft as my kiss, nor
Air carry the cry of my
Throat, and the warbling of
Doves is not ample enough
For my poems and psalm:
 Just you.

 What brings:
 Brought my heart,
 And on
 Wings of desire.

This, my image
Prone
Mind
- This strange-
Soul:
 Hews more than snow smeared
Earth, each crystal an unlike
Being, masking summer trails,
    But my is of a nature
One, my Maker guides this
  Flight, joy and cry,
 Wrung from being's pores/
 Soared on mimic stars and
Glistened fancy......yes

I bled, but oh heart, 
 Those you shared
            With    me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment