But the greatest of these is LOVE

Grammar stops at love, and at art. ~Valentine Sterling

Saturday, June 26, 2010

The chains of habit are generally too small to be felt until they are too strong to be broken. ~Samuel Johnson

For the past few days I have been on a path that when crossed by others, I'm given the finger, yelled at or given a dirty look.

Now, I know I have a little bit of road rage but I have never felt so bad about it until now.

Boston isn't the easiest city to drive in but I like to think I do a good job. I think I must because non of the above happened in the city. All of those wonderful gestures happened in my own town, or other suburbs of Massachusetts.

I can now say that I will never get upset at anyone on the road again. Accidents happen and people these days are in such a hurry that they will risk their own safety and others just to get one car ahead. What makes them think I'm not crazy or having a bad day as well, that their comment my just put me over the edge. It's so scary to have to think about things like that but its true.

I think the world is a scary place now that I'm older and I'm not sure if it's because "times are a changin' " or what but it isn't pretty.

If you're in the habit of yelling at people on the road, think again. They might be having just as bad or a day, week or month.


Gsofia

1 comment: