But the greatest of these is LOVE

Grammar stops at love, and at art. ~Valentine Sterling

Friday, February 12, 2010

So often time it happens, we all live our life in chains, and we never even know we have the key. ~The Eagles

Breakfast, cocaine and pot. Cocaine and pot are not things I want to talk about or hear about during a breakfast study session. Especially when I'm alone, having breakfast and studying. I'm not saying that I'm not adult enough to talk about these things. Rest assure, I'm not doing either nor have I tried or want to, but the people next to me at the bookstore/cafe where I was, were laughing about the times they have snorted a line of cocaine and gone skiing down slopes, both agreeing that smoking pot before is better. I would think just being on the mountain and skiing would be fun enough. Now, I'm not writing about this and trying to make myself seem better than, or high and mighty and more responsible than these people but I just don't understand their idea and desire to get high and then partake in a sport that if you aren't 100 percent with it, you can kill yourself or other people..

If you are going to let a substance control your fun, and you know through the experience of others (reality tv, news about deaths of addicts) that you slowly can become no fun without that substance in your life, why would you do it?

I don't get and I probably never will.

No comments:

Post a Comment